The comprehensive LANtest network & modular cable tester has many different levels of features, designed and developed for Ethernet cable installers and network professionals.
Testing features include:
- BNC Coaxial
- Master display
- Remote display
- Wire mapping
- Master unit testing only
- Shield/ground test
The LANtest includes two short RJ45 to BNC adapter cables that allow you to test coaxial connections that are terminated on BNC. Also includes one BNC male-male adapter, one RJ11 modular cable, and instruction sheet. The total kit comes inside a vinyl storage pouch with zipper.
Use it to read Ethernet wiring configuration, and check coaxial and modular telephone cables by comparing one transmitting end to another receiving end. Cabling faults such as open wires, shorts, and crossed pairs are crystal clear with the LANtest's unique LED display. Perform these tests on installed cables with the included remote terminator. The way it works is it sends a signal down each individual wire from the Master tester to the Remote tester. The master tester starts on the first wire then works its way to the 8th and then the ground after that. The remote end has nine LEDs that will light up in numerical order from one to eight. If there is a crossed pair the LEDs will not light up in numerical order on the remote side or if there is an open pair the light will not light up at all.
- Can test the correct pin configuration of 10Base-T 10Base-2 Thin Ethernet cable, RJ45/RJ11 modular cables 356A, TIA-568A/568B and Token Ring cable, etc
- Easy to verify cable continuity, open, short and miss-wire
- With remote kit, it can remotely test cable up to 1000 ft away either on wall plate or patch panel
- Can test the grounding
- Features with auto or manual scan for pin-out indicators
- A power switch is provided for saving battery power