Cable Comb for Cable Management>> Purchase Cable Comb @ cablesupply.com
At CableSupply.com we only offer the best and most essential tools on the market for network cabling. Dressing cable can be frustrating and time consuming but The Cable Comb can organize and dress your cables keeping them straight without any hassle.
The Cable Comb has 15 cable slots which can hold multiple cables, accommodating up to 24 to 30 cables regardless of the Ethernet cable lengths. It can hold a wide variety of cables, including most Cat5E, Cat6, Cat6A, Cat7, coaxial, and control cable in sizes of 1/4 inch or smaller. The Cable Comb's slick, nylon surface will provides a smooth pull without snagging, stretching, or stripping any of your cables.
Separating from The Cable Comb's blue center ring, the yellow slotted hub is easy to maneuver. Simply push your cables into the slots of the center hub, thread the yellow ring around the cable bundle, and then slide the ring back into place around the blue hub. The yellow ring only pulls off in one direction; if you pull in the other direction the entire unit stays together, holding your cable in place and straightening it all out into a neat bundle.
As you work down the length you can wrap your cable bundle with Velcro or use CableSupply.com cable ties. If you need to route a few cables elsewhere, just pull the outer ring off, remove your diverting cables, and then replace the ring to finish straightening the load.
- Arrange your cables for bundling.
- Remove the blue hub from the yellow outer collar of the Cable Comb. Hold the blue hub perpendicular to your cables - make sure the rounded finger pull of the pie-shaped protrusion is facing away from the direction you'll be pulling in.
- Load the individual cables into the various slots of the blue hub on the Cable Comb. (How many cables each slot can hold depends on the type of cable being combed.) Do not overload a slot with cables. Cables in each slot must remain loose after you re-attach the outer collar.
- Once the cables are loaded in the blue hub of the Cable Comb, slip the yellow collar over the cables behind the blue hub.
- Rotate the collar to align the pie-shaped protrusion of the hub to the opening on the collar. Slide the collar onto the hub. (If the fit is too tight, it means one or more of your slots is overloaded. Remove the collar, redistribute your cables in the hub, then put the collar back on and test the fit again.)
- Begin sliding the assembled Cable Comb (hub + collar) down the length of your cables. The cables emerge from the comb in a smooth, organized bundle.
- Wrap the combed bundle with Velcro, tie wrap, or equivalent cable lash every 2 to 3 feet as desired to keep the cables organized and together. Continue the combing process to provide bundle lengths as required for the installation.
- If necessary, disengage the yellow collar from the blue hub to unload individual cables that need to be terminated or directed elsewhere. Slip the yellow collar back onto the blue hub to continue combing.
- To remove the Cable Comb, slide the yellow collar backwards, off the blue hub, and remove it from your cable bundle. Unload remaining cables from the blue hub. If the cables aren't terminated, the Cable Comb may also be slid completely off the end of the remaining cables to remove the tool as a mated assembly.
- Keep the inner blue hub mated with the yellow outer collar during storage to protect the slots and face of the tool from potential damage.
Cable Comb Video: